In order to maximise your experience and enjoyment of using our facilities, please take the time to read the following guidance. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to one of the team.
HEALTH & WELLBEING INFORMATION
Delay becoming more active:
- If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness, e.g. a cold or fever – please wait until you feel better.
- If you are or may be pregnant – or have been pregnant in the last 6 months – please talk to your Doctor / Midwife before becoming more active.
Food Allergies and Intolerances
Please speak to a member of our team about the ingredients in your meal, when making your order in the onePT Kitchen.
If you have a known allergy, then it is part of the Policy here at onePT that you should bring your own Epi-pen. It is advised that you keep it with you at all times.
If you are currently using medication (including any inhalers) this should be disclosed in your initial Health & Movement Assessment. Please ensure that you bring any medication and keep this with you at all times.
Guidance for Stopping an Exercise Session
You should stop exercising if you experience any of the following:
- Pain or tightness in the chest
- Sickness or nausea
- Excessive shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating
- Faintness (light headiness)
- A drop in heart rate greater than 10 beats per minute with an increase or no change in workload
Please speak to one of the Personal Trainers or Team Members if you have any concerns.
CHANGING ROOM ETIQUETTE
- Please ensure valuables are left in the lockers provided. Management cannot accept any liability for articles left unattended
- Please do not overall lockers as this may affect the locking mechanism
- Personal effects lockers are located in the main gym area
- Please do not leave items in lockers overnight
- If the cleanliness of the changing rooms require attention, please inform a member of staff
In the interest of other members
- Please do not take any bags or coats on to the gym floor
- Please wipe equipment down after use, using the gym wipes provided
- Please do not bring your own chalk into the facility – suitable chalk will be provided
- Please do not drop weights
- Please keep all free weights, dumb bells and kettle bells on the black matted areas
- Please do not use the slam balls or tornado balls against the walls – they can be used on any of the floor areas
- Please do not train with chewing gum – please dispose in the bins provided
- Please do not take food, hot drinks or glass bottles on to the gym floor
If you require assistance at any time – please contact a member of staff
ETIQUETTE FOR FITNESS CLASSES
- Bookings for Fitness Classes can be made in the gym or via the onePT App which can be downloaded from the Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Iphone)
- No priority is given and places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Always arrive on time for the session to ensure a safe warm up and to avoid disruption to the class. Depending on the session, the Personal Trainer may not allow you to join in after the session has started.
- Always remind the Personal Trainer if you have any injury or medical condition
- Avoid wearing large items of jewellery including rings and earrings
- Remember to bring your water bottle / drink to the session – and keep hydrated
- Speak with your PT about the right pre-fuel option for you to ensure you top up your energy levels for the session
- Don’t forget the ‘window’ of opportunity immediately after exercise (definitely within the first hour) to start the re-fuelling process and aid your recovery
- Appropriate exercise clothing and training shoes should be worn whilst exercising.
- To maintain cleanliness in the gym environment outdoor clothing and/or dirty clothing should not be worn and should be stored in the lockers provided in the changing areas.
- It would be greatly appreciated if outdoor footwear is not used in the gym; i.e. bring a change of footwear for training especially in adverse weather.
- You should not disturb or impair the use of the club and any other members within it.
- Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the club including the use (and charging) of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- You may not bring into, or use the club under the influence of alcohol or any drugs or substance, which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- Members are not permitted to bring any pets other than assistance dogs onto the premises.
- If a Member requires the use of an assistance dog, the Member should inform the Club of the same when applying for Membership
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting the club. onePT accepts no responsibly for loss or damage to personal property.
- We advise members not to bring valuable items into the gym.
- onePT endeavours to return items handed into lost property, however we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage; items will be kept for no longer than one week.
USE OF MOBILE PHONES
- onePT does not prohibit the use of mobile phones / the taking of pictures for personal social media purposes but must not include shots of other members without their explicit permission